Goodbye mail while leaving Blue Chip


Subject: I still remember...

My dear colleagues,

Probably the longest last mail for my long lasting friends and colleagues...

November 6th is going to be an important day in my 2004 diary, as May 2nd was in my 2000 diary, the day I officially became an employee of Blue Chip.

There are few things to forget/regret and many things to remember...

I still remember the day I got the offer letter from the then Branch Manager Sabyasachi Mahanti and what he told me. I still remember the feelings. I felt like flying, crying, jumping up and down, and simply diving front and back. That was the day my software dream got realized. Unlike most of you, joining Blue Chip was my college dream, just because a cousin of mine was working here. BC was the only software company and my cousin was the only software professional I knew at that time. I still remember what I wrote in my diary that night.

I still remember the days I used to tell my class mates, "I have a job and a room in Bangalore. I just have to go there and join. My cousin is there." This was in 1997 and early 98. I still remember the hot night somewhere in October 1998, I said a friend of mine before boarding the bus to Bangalore, "I am going to join a company called Blue Chip in Bangalore". Then it took one and half years to realize my dream. Though I joined in 2000, my association with BC started in 1998 itself. During this one and half years, I never tried anywhere else. My only aim was to become an employee here.

I still remember the days I used to wait in the reception every day, take Annamalai's coffee, and go back home without being able to meet Shyam, the then Branch Manager who gave me this career. I had more friends in BC than some of the BCians had at that time. When I joined, I knew the history of BC, I knew the people of BC, I knew the culture of BC, etc...

I still remember the two continuous night stays to complete the sample project in order to impress the people and get a job in BC.

I still remember how I was when I landed in Bangalore. "Color color" checked shirts, An XXL size spectacles, 100% black thick mustache, most of the times unshaven face, always preferring to wear chapels, a larger than life inferiority complex, a typical down south village fellow. From there... life has turned around 180 degrees. I never thought that this would ever happen in my life. Looking back, everything looks like a dream. I still remember the relationships (!?... BTW: there was certainly no office flirting) that helped me overcome this complex.

I still remember the first time in my life I corrected a silly bug in Pharma CFA sitting at the client site. I still remember the confidence it gave me. I still remember my first boss Radhakrishna (who tried to support me whenever he could through out his stay here) saying "good..." first time when I came back to office.

I still remember the evening asking Joshua to make me the PL of Pharma CFA in the 7th month of my stay in BC, though I was not equipped enough to handle that responsibility at that time. That was a time when all my batch mates in other projects used to deny PL's responsibility.

I still remember the first flight travel for an implementation. I still remember the "Bharath Dharshan" implementation for Allergan and Joshua's appreciation mail for that. I still remember the historical fight we had with Allergan managers in front of KS. Working with the directors and their accessibility to people is an opportunity which, I am sure, I will never get anywhere else.

I still remember the Saturday cricket, everyday volley ball, bad minton tournament, mail forwards, Outlook discussion forums, HOW mails which made me popular here, official trips, my full day 'King daa' dance, Nandi hills picnic in the midnight, ethnic days, birthday parties, over night stays and the parties, which gave a lot of confidence and plenty of shoulders to lean on. Thanks to my friend Gopal, who used parties to build teams. He has been a very important character in my growth story here. BTW: thanks to Deva for giving life to all our parties.

I still remember the night stay on the previous day of Surfa demo with Joshua and Gopal. I still remember the day LogSmart went live in Surfa, Sandeep from nowhere came into picture and got scolded from the client on behalf of us. I am going to miss a true comrade. I still remember the night stays with Prasath, one of my unforgettable team mates, trying be awake for 20 hours for a day continuously for almost an year to complete the work at the client site. I remember speaking stories till morning as well. I still remember the over night Access to SQL conversion, which everybody thought would take at least an year. I still remember the days I used to hide behind Rajesh (whose stay here for some more time would have definitely influenced my growth to a large extend) whenever I see the client, and take tips from him as to how to say 'No' and how to fight with the client. Then the same weak fellow Bharathiraja had to shield people who hid behind him and lead the way. This has been a play field, battle field, reaping field, etc.

More than all these, the past one year has been extremely great here. A big military salute to my team mates, who showed a lot of character, unity and decency. I have seen people forming region based groups and fighting for silly things. There was not even a small instance of that sort. There was not a single conflict between any of you as long as I was there. It makes me so proud and happy. After all, you have convinced me that I am also a leader.

Apart from the professional respect, I am always grateful for the loads of love and affection you showed.

I still remember the last few nights before resigning, trying to come to terms with it and not being able to control the emotions. I still remember Gita's comment on my resignation: "yes, you have never asked for promotion or hike, you have never told me what you get is not enough. Every hike was decided by us without any influence." This gives me much more confidence on my principles. I still remember what Joshua said when he accepted my resignation, "anytime, if you decide to come back, you are always welcome." He has given me an opportunity to tell you all what I have in my mind. Professionally all I have was taken from here. I am going to use it for my benefits in the coming days. I will get much more knowledge and skills after leaving this place. I would be extremely happy if I get another opportunity to use them in the place which grew me. For the past one year, I never updated my resume. Opportunity all the way came to my door and knocked strongly. Though I was a wall all along (only in this), I couldn't resist, said "Yes", as usual. My only guilty feeling is, when someone believed in me and expected a lot from me, I couldn't travel with him till we reach the destination. Anyway...

I still remember the childhood poem of Robert Frost, which means a lot more than ever before:
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep. "

No mail will go unanswered at bharathee@yahoo.com and all calls will be attended to with immense pleasure. Rest in next when you reach me on the above mentioned id. Please don't reply to this id anymore.

I am more than happy to use this opportunity to thank all my colleagues, ex-colleagues, the management and the organization for the support and cooperation.

With loads of emotions and fulfillment,
Bharathiraja,
Blue Chip.

"TEAM WORK... WORKS!!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamil Nadu: Bad 10! (Part 1 of 2)

Classical Tamil?

Cricket, Population and Nation