Good SHoW-28

Folks,

With no idea as to whom to crown this week as SHoW (Super Hero of the Week), was just going through the last week's mails. As the number of mails is getting multiplied day after day, it has become very difficult reading all of them then and there. Hence, thought of reserving a day for this activity alone. Full reservation spree... Today is one of such reserved days for reading the junk mails (I am really very sorry to use such an offensive word... but any good stuff that is overused (even the brain) or overproduced naturally becomes junk). When I was going through the mails, I could realize two things. 1. Even one full day is not enough to read all the mails received in the week. 2. Every 25th mail is received from someone other than Chris the great. So, YES... we have found our SHoW!

Believe me, Chris sends unbelievable number of mails a day. When I just tried to count the number of mails he has sent in a day on a sample basis, on June 13th, in a span of one and a half hours, he has forwarded 21 mails. Mind you, this is on sample basis only. There are times when I have received 30+ mails in a day. I have been asking from the day 1 he started forwarding mails - "maam, do you read all the mails before forwarding?" He is yet to answer me. Hope he does that now. I am 200% sure he could not have read all of them before forwarding. Another possibility might be that he has written a rule in his mailbox to forward all the mails he receives to a bunch of people in the address book.

On top of all these, the best service in his mailing business is, he ensures that more than 80% of the mails are not new or you receive it first time from him. He sends the same message for warm-up for a few times initially and the real game starts lil later. It might also be a trick to know if people read his mails:-). I keep asking him every week - "maam, why do you send the same mails again and again?" No answer for this also so far. Maam! Please stand up and speak out yourself maam... ex BCians are all interested to know your ideas and aspirations...:-)

The best of the series is, I gave him my i-flex id and in the first week itself I had to explain people why official mails sent to my id on week-ends and in the day-ends bounce. So I thought it would be a better idea to get my id changed in his address book and went back to him. I told him the problem. He asked me "maam, did you feel bad?" I had two options. First one is, saying the truth and and the second option is saying what we have learnt from our industry. As I was not interested in getting rid of his overloaded mails at the cost of few good mails, went for the second one and said "no... no... no..." (What to do? We all have to be hypocritical at times. I am still paying for it:-)!) He said "no problem maams... even if you felt bad, no issues, I won't stop!" That is the spirit that has got him this award... Good SHoW maam! We sincerely hope that you would continue to do your good work despite all these criticism:-). Rather, you might say "this is what motivates me to improve my service and brings out the best in me!":-) You have the right attitude to work in Oracle!!! Pls help me get a job in Oracle too... (There are lots of mails to be replied and forwarded...:-))

Request his database friend Vinodb to present this award with all the formalities...

Cumulative Summary:

1. Raghuraman Kadambi (Mr. Heartthrob)
2. Padmanaban VP (Mr. Padhu Jackson)
3. Sri Gopal De Lalgudi (Mr. Business Magnet)
4. Arun Kumar Mishra (Mr. Great Wall of Microsoft)
5. Radhakrishna Da Magane (Mr. Mannina Maga)
6. Kinshuk Banerjee (Mr. Dada Boy)
7. Iqbal (Mr. Manjunath)
8. Bimalendu de De (Mr. Dumeel)
9. Vinod DB (Mr. RDBMS)
10. Rabijit (Mr. Cool)
11. Suresh Lakshmanan (Mr. Dance Dance)
12. Umashankar (Mr. Umma)
13. Suresh Ramaswamy (Mr. Noble)
14. Satyajit Kunjur (Mr. Simple)
15. Sateesh Kumar Ayyapu Setty (Mr. Okke Okkadu)
16. CM Gururaj (Mr. G ji)
17. Arul Benjamin (Mr. Big Brother)
18. Vijayakumar Ponnuswamy (Mr. Courageous)
19. Shree Vidhya Sharma (Ms. Perfectionist)
20. Moses (Mr. Joy)
21. Leo Felix (Mr. Small Brother)
22. Vinayak (Mr. Young)
23. Sobia (Ms. Amma)
24. Shashirekha (Ms. Akka)
25. Umesh V (Mr. MadhuMaga)
26. Dhanya Liss Paul (Ms. Talking Alarm)
27. Jobsy Andony, sorry Antony (Mr. MLM)
28. Chris Navin (Mr. Mailman)

Those who have no clue about what this SHoW business is all about, please refer www.ex-BCians.itgo.com for the history and geography of it...

Thanks & Regards,
e-BOG (ex BCians Oscar Group)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamil Nadu: Bad 10! (Part 1 of 2)

Classical Tamil?

Cricket, Population and Nation